Friday, August 31, 2012

A Holiday


No, I'm not really at a spa, but it feels like one.  My room has a safety deposit box, I'm given a snazzy blue bathrobe with white piping which covers robes that don't make look as if I'm in rags, I order my meals from room service at whatever time I want to eat, and the food is not only delicious, but beautifully presented.  There's an afternoon tea service.  A single pink carnation stands in a pretty blue bottle on my bedside table.  For the first time in my hospital experience, I'm given my anti-reflux medication before breakfast, when it should be taken, rather than after.  Television service is free and the channel numbers corresponding to various networks are given.  My room provides free Wi-Fi service.  You can order meals for your guests.  It's a great place to be if you have to be in a hospital.

I entered it on Saturday afternoon, August 25th, thinking I'd be dismissed soon, but they keep finding things wrong with me.  I'm now scheduled for a minor operation on Friday, August 31 and will spend Labor Day weekend here. If all goes well, I'll return to posting next week.  Wish me luck.








2 comments:

  1. I hope you are ok and everything went perfectly well.
    I also hope that, since I only write this on september 2, you are already at home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need Anchises in a good shape. Otherwise how can I make him angry supporting the Palestinian claims?:-))))))))))
    Careful, my friend, in the hospital. A question: will Anchises be still Anchises with
    a leg coming from Russia, a Chinese stomach and an Iranian heart?:-)))))))) Wally

    ReplyDelete